6.11.2010

Summer Blocks

 I found these adorable blocks over at iheartnaptime.blogspot.com.The bright colors are perfect for Summer! Too cute!

I finished these summer blocks last night, and I LOVE them! My crafty friend gave me the kit, and they turned out so cute! Thank you!!

First thing first is to paint your blocks! I ran out of a few colors, so I had to get creative and start mixing! I just used a sponge brush.

When the letters were dry I put on the vinyl and added some white paint around the edges. I tried a few different ways, and the EASIEST way to do this is with a sponge brush.

Here is a block with the distressed edge, and one without. I like it better with! Also, don't worry about it looking perfect...sometimes I do that a little too much


Next I added a fun wood piece.
I took some thick wire and wrapped it around a pencil, then hot glued it to the back.

I was going to drill a hole, but decided my wire was too small...so I nailed a hole and stuck the sun in.

So there they are all completed on my new craft desk!! So what do you think?!

If you would like a kit let me know, and I can get one for you. (iheartnaptime@gmail.com) For the unfinished kit(including everything but the paint) it would be $15. If you want a set, but don't have the time, we can do it for you for $7 more
 
Fresh, Fun, & Summery!!
What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment